Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

4 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 19 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-08-18, 00:22

"No, but they had seen them. Let us be on our way."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 19 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by InteroVegas 2017-08-18, 01:31

"If the crusaders escaped through a hidden hole in the ground it is almost certainly not a secret anymore. As for the forces and leader, I can only go on the word of these native guides. If Lord Holzer finds it inappropriate to risk his men on the information of my guides I will send my own men in his stead."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-08-19, 17:46

Holzer laughs briefly before responding to Leewan "No risk in performing rear guard. If anyone should be worried its Lord Bronstein."

Bronstein, apparently unphased by the information, speaks apathetically "It matters not to me where I put our enemies to the stake."

As Noske is about to speak he is interrupted by the King who clears his throat to get the assembled lords attention and has, at last, looked up from the map "Lord Griswald has already shown himself dedicated to this war and would not make such an offer unnecessarily. Lord Frey and Griswald will attack the fort. I look forward to walking its edifice and trust that the siege will go smoothly."

Noske nods to the King and speaks with a grin "Very well then. The two forces will swap forts to attack."

Lord Frey slaps Leewan on the shoulders and speaks boisterously to the assembled lords "That forts as good as ours. Take the walls, and hold the fort until our next orders come through. I dare any Lich's to attack Acren warriors on the defense."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gisgo acknowledges Gwains request and resumes leading the group. After another hour and a half of marching a group of individuals become visible atop a large rock in the plains and, though they have their back turned, it soon becomes obvious that they wear the same cloaks as the scouts from before. As the group approaches the rock all of the scouts raise bows at Yenin and one shouts across the plain "Not another step closer monster! Unless you want to do your best porcupine impression!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-08-19, 18:07

"At ease soldiers," Gwain calls back, "I am Gwain von Griswald and I promise you that this man will bring you no harm. Let us approach in peace, I have business with you scouts."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-08-22, 07:42

"Speak!" Robillard booms out. "Or are you dumb as well as deaf? We are your lords! Have these ravaged wilds taken your tongues from your heads?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-08-22, 20:00

"Very well then. What reports are there of the bulk of the enemy army?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-08-24, 10:56

Noske responds to Leewans inquiry "Enough slaves that if they held hands and you put them in the sky you could blot out the sun. You've seen first hand what kinds of monsters they employ; those giants being the most devastating of the lot. Probably the monsters we must fear most, however, are those Lich's themselves. Themis knows what diabolical plans they've prepared."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scouts look at each other hesitantly before lowering their weapons and responding to Robillards shouting "With all due respect, sir, why are you out here and why should we trust someone standing next to a monster that could snap our necks in a heartbeat?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-08-24, 18:13

"Behold, The Rising Dawn!" Rob unsheathes The Rising Dawn, and the sword manages to catch the light and glimmer brightly. "This sword will always be held by a Griswald. Do you not recognize your liege lords? Come closer and dispense with this farce."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-08-24, 18:17

The scout's mutter amongst themselves before one finally shrugs and slides down from the rock. The others soon follow suit and follow approach the group but stop a full ten feet away, obviously hesitant of Yenin. The one to have left the rock speaks up and says "What can we do for you out in this hell hole my lords?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-08-25, 00:27

"One of you men left some personal effects in the tent of your officer before heading out on this scouting mission. It is an odd question, to be sure, but we must speak with this individual."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-09-05, 00:09

"Then either way, there will be great bloodshed. Is there any particular matter left to discuss? Lord Frey and I would be hasty in our march."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-07, 14:26

Noske shrugs and says "That is everything that needs to be discussed now." He looks to the King and says "Unless you have anything left to say, sir."

All the lords look at the King in anticipation. Looking upon his subjects, the King speaks confidently "You all have your orders and everyone here has already proven their conviction by being here. The first step is taken; let us make sure there are many more. If you must stop your march through life make sure that as many monsters go with you."

Each of the lords gives their own acknowledgment to the King and slowly but surely they all take their leave of the tent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The soldier gives Robillard a confused look but turns to his men nonetheless and says "Which of you left your items with an officer? Your lords demand your presence."

The men, just as confused as their leader, mumble among themselves likely trying to determine what constitutes such a description. From the back of the scout unit, a soldier steps forward through the crowd and approaches the Griswald brothers. Much to Robillards and Gwains surprise the soldier is obviously a woman though her physique marks her as one built for labor instead of court life. Wearing the same garb as the other scouts she uniquely carries a personalized longsword at her side with a wolf insignia on the pommel.

Speaking with an air of superiority about her the woman answers her squad's leader while looking at Robillard and Gwain "I believe they are referring to me, sir."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-09-07, 14:50

"Thank you for coming forward," says Gwain, "what is your name soldier?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-08, 11:32

"Daratra Grassl, sir"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-09-08, 19:27

"Pleased to meet you. Robillard and I have something we wish to discuss with you in private. Would you be so kind as to follow us this way?" Gwain points to a spot some distance away, clearly out of earshot of the rest of the group.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-09, 11:50

The woman simply says "By your orders, sir."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-09-09, 14:28

Once Gwain, Robillard, and Daratra have put some distance between themselves and the group, Gwain stops walking and turns to face the mysterious woman. "What is your relationship with my father, Reverold Von Griswald?"

Last edited by Tristan Sky on 2017-09-14, 14:44; edited 1 time in total
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-10, 12:14

"Never met him"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-09-10, 16:04

"Don't lie, girl. We found your chest, we read your letter, we know the truth. We don't seek to hurt you. Just tell us the truth."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-10, 19:59

The scout looks at you with the same steely expression "Letter? I know no letter."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-09-10, 20:16

"Come with us then. We will show you the proof before your very eyes. You must meet the last of your new brothers."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-09-11, 10:49

"Excuse Robillard's harsh tone." Gwain interjects "Much has happened in recent days, but we mean you no ill will. We will relieve you of your scouting duty today and you are to follow us back to camp. Is that agreeable to you?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-09-12, 02:16

Leewan gives half an hour for the lords to return to their camps and heads off to meet with Lord Frey to discuss the first stages of their assault. He is only with his personal guard.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-12, 13:52

The woman gives Robillard a perplexed look but nods to Gwain without a further word. Fortunately, Gisgo gets the group back to the army camp before dark and just as Leewan is about to take leave to find Lord Frey he sees his brothers approaching with Gisgo, Yenin, and a tomboyish woman in tow. Leewan is quickly able to determine that his brothers must have found this supposed bastard.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-09-13, 13:35

Leewan shrugs. "We must find a quiet corner where discussion can continue." He scans the woman for familiar family features or mannerisms of his father. Afterwards he takes them in to his tent.

"Womanly soldiers and scouts are rare among our forces. But there are more peculiar allegations unique to you here and now scout."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-13, 23:29

The scout stands firm and expressionless when Leewan finishes speaking. Looking at the woman Leewan is impressed by her physique (not because of her tits) and it reminds him of Robillard. Her cropped hair gives her more of a masculine appearance than a feminine but her facial features bring nothing of the old Griswald. The only thing that could remind Leewan of his father is the woman's eyes which are as deep and uncaring as the void.

Responding to Leewan she maintains the same emotionless expression "Whatever it is, sir, I can handle it."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-09-13, 23:44

"'Whatever it is' she says, as if she does not know!" scoffs Robillard. "You deny, then, that you are the bastard progeny of our father, Lord Reverold of house Griswald? You deny that you had a letter written and signed in his own hand, with his own signet ring as accompaniment?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-14, 14:41

Without turning to Robillard she simply responds "I have never opened this small chest that was intruded upon."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-09-14, 14:49

"Robillard, silence your blathering. It is not wise to shout family secrets, even in secluded company. Daratra, your chest contains a letter from Reverold Von Griswald, our late father. We wish to know how you came in possession of such an item."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-14, 14:52

"My mother gave it to me when she died. Said to open it if I ever needed help. I've never needed help."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-09-14, 14:58

Gwain can't help but smile at Daratra's last remark. "Who was your mother, and where did she raise you?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-14, 15:58

"Celine Sommer. My father is a blacksmith in the town beneath your castle." The mention of her "father" causes a twinge of pain for Gwain. Knowing fully well that that means his father slept with a married woman.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-09-14, 17:48

"A humble beginning to be sure. As you can tell from the resemblance between you and Robillard, your father may be a blacksmith, but your life sprung from the seed of a lord. Of course this is no fault of your own, but what happens next a matter for Lord Griswald."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-09-15, 09:22

"This bloodline has never required mediocrity or weakness. However there are certain events at work and to decide what must be done with you Celine, we first ought to evaluate your abilities. If you show ability beyond your station we have more to discuss. Otherwise, we leave you to your own devices."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-09-15, 09:24

"Her size shows her ability. I would swear that she could best any man in her squad, and most in the army. Imagine what she could have been with proper training and armor."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-09-15, 11:23

"Hopefully better than the foolhardy knight you turned out to be." Gwain stabs, never missing an opportunity to let his fury against Robillard go unnoticed.

Speaking again to Daratra, he says "Before you go, tell us of your mother. Did she spend her whole life in the shadow of Heretic's End, or is there more to her story?"
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-15, 11:29

Daratra shrugs at Gwains inquiry and says "I wouldn't know. My father would be the one to ask. My mother died when I was five summers old. She was a servant in the castle for some time I believe."

Turning her attention back to Leewan she says "Where would you have me serve, sir? My squad will be loathed to learn I won't be saving their skins anymore."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-09-15, 11:34

"We will speak with your 'Father' once our armies head back to Heretic's End. As for now," Robillard says, turning his attention to Leewan. "Perhaps Daratra would be helpful on our future endeavor."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-15, 11:37

Before Leewan can respond Daratra interjects with a stare at Robillard and her normally uncaring eyes burn with uncharacteristic embers "My Father is the man who fed me and taught me to hold a sword. Not whoever rammed his sword into my mother."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-09-15, 11:42

"Griswald blood runs through your veins, Daratra. Best get used to the idea. Your body proves what your voice denies. And besides, look at how you act. No one not a Griswald could make my blood boil so. Were you not my sister I'd challenge you to a duel for your sheer insolence."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-15, 11:45

Through gritted teeth, she responds to Robillard "And I'd tear your arm off for the shame your father brought on my family. I wonder which Themis would favor; the daughter or the son?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-09-15, 11:54

"Well I'll be damned, you've got wit to match your brawn! And I'd expect nothing less from my kin. Now let's just hope Lord Griswald doesn't have you drawn and quartered for speaking out of turn."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-09-15, 19:54

"Silence from both of you" Leewan motions one hand at Gwain and Robillard.

"We begin with the simplest tasks. Archery and practice bouts. There is no time at the present to evaluate your leadership potential, and the men have generally low morale when they involuntarily serve women. While I oversee these trials Robillard and Gwain will evaluate and investigate your squad members."

Leewan addresses his brothers directly with his deathly gaze and all.

"Question them about Datara and see if any of them can step up to a position of low level leadership. This matter must be sorted out quickly."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-09-16, 14:34

"As you command Lord Griswald. I shall interrogate her fellow scouts as soon as they return from their mission." With that, Gwain exists the tent. While he waits for the scout's return, he seeks out Gwain's Guard and asks what has come of their espionage.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-17, 11:19

Once Gwain is out of the tent Daratra speaks to Leewan "You're not simply going to have me beat up your men, are you? No better way to build resentment than beat a man at his job."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald 2017-09-18, 01:38

Robillard, confused at Leewan's orders, simply tags along with Gwain.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2017-09-19, 00:58

"Those two would bicker about blood relations and questions of lineage for the rest of the evening and I have no time for that. In truth there are two paths ahead of you. In the first we obliterate this letter and signet and you will never again be tied to Griswald. In the second you produce any argument to me why you should be acknowledged, or not sent to a bleak demise in the battles yet to come."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-26, 11:21

Robillard and Gwain exit the tent with the resentment Gwain feels for his brother almost palpable given the recent events. Out under the open sky once more, Gwans and Robillard can see it has gone dark in the camp with perhaps a sliver of light remaining outside the Scar. Back inside the tent, before Daratra can respond, a blood-curdling scream echoes out from above the camp and all the soldiers around stop what they were doing and look off in the direction of the source. A few moments go by and three more horrifying screams go up one by one and the men surrounding the two brothers go pale.

Hand on his sword Robillard gazes up in the direction of the screams waiting for something to happen; frozen in place over an uncertainty to whether he should rush off to help or ensure his families safety. After a minute that feels like an eternity, a hauntingly familiar glow appears up on the ridge strobing between red and blue. To the horror of all bellow, this single point of glow is soon joined by dozens more upon the ridge as beady red eyes glare down at the soldiers with malice.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald 2017-09-26, 11:27

After a moment of horror, Gwain pulls himself together. "Don't just stand there man, sound the alarm!" he barks at one of the pale-faced soldiers. Gwain draws his bow and slides an arrow into his hand at the ready.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2017-09-26, 15:48

As Gwain notches an arrow the creatures above leap into the air and begins to sail down below. Gwain realizes that the area of the camp in that direction belongs to Lord Noske and a creeping worry begins to build that they're hunting the Marshal. The men around Gwain begin to rush about trying to get weapons and all over the camp horns begin blaring as dozens of the creatures descend into the horrified masses. Looking on the ridge closest to their camp, Robillard and Gwain can see men with torches peering across the Scar with some notching arrows but their officers telling them to not fire lest they hit the men below them.

As the weight of the situation begins to dawn on Robillard and Gwain an officer rushes over in their direction likely looking for Leewan. The man is doing his best to put on his armour and holster his weapons as he rushes along through the crowd and both brothers can see him fumble his helmet to the ground as he moves. Reaching the brothers, he finally stops and speaks in a worried voice "Sirs! What are the Lords orders?!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next