Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 4 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2016-12-30, 03:49

"The man who ordered my castration." Gwain explains in a disgusted tone. "Or have you forgotten that event so soon, Brother." The last word, Gwain practically spits out.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 2

Back to top Go down

Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers - Page 4 Empty Re: Legendary Exploits of Three Not Viking Brothers

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2016-12-30, 08:17

"I am sorry you think I could ever forget that, Gwain. I hope someday you find peace with yourself and with me. I did what I had to to get you out of there alive."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2016-12-30, 15:13

"Hmph. Deeds speak louder than words. If there is anyone suited to investigate this further, it's Robillard. After all, he's already proven he favors them more than his family."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2016-12-30, 15:17

Robillard is tired, furious, and hungover as hell. "And what would you have had me do?! Murder three acolytes in cold blood, then sneak away into the sewers? The path to salvation is a narrow one, ringed with danger on all sides. I do my best to follow it. Of late I fear I have strayed, and I find Themis quieter than usual. But the fact remains that She led me to you, and thus saved your life. Be grateful that you are alive instead of bitter at what you have lost."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2016-12-30, 15:37

Gwains looks away from Robillard in shame. He knows that Robillard acted to the best of his abilities, but he cannot shake the raging storm of emotions that clouds his mind. After a moment of quiet reflection, Gwain aims his gaze straight through Robilards eyes. "Then prove your faith and oust the heretics. That's what you're good at isn't it? Find a way to punish those that did this to me. Then you'll have my trust again."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2016-12-30, 16:21

"I do not have your skills of wading through political quagmires. Point me at a heretic, put a sword in my hand, and I will end him. Leewan, perhaps this is why you brought us here?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2016-12-30, 23:07

"I brought you to this alley to speak in on pressing matters quietly so that prying ears of those like Detlef and other nobles do not hear our secrets."

Leewan confirms the guardsmen still stand at their lookouts.

"We must discover some scrap of the schemes constructed by this hidden sect of mighty priests. Witnessing the ebbs and flows of the great seas made real in the enchanted war table I was reminded this world holds many hidden truths. We must know the truth of this sect to make plans for house Griswald's continued survival through what is to come."

Leewan studies his two younger brothers, seeing the Eldar and the younger have traded maturity almost overnight.

"Gwain, you serve as your brother's keeper until we reach Heretic's End. Two guardsmen will assist you in this task. Let him have no more than two cups of liquor a day. Robillard, you will cause no trouble for Gwain whilst he prepares for the archery tournament. I will personally oversee your next service to this house with guards in tow. There are still questions that can be answered before we make war. Now clean yourself brother, and rest well."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2016-12-31, 05:21

"As you command Lord Griswald. Come Robillard, you can fetch arrows from the targets while I practice."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2016-12-31, 06:22

Robillard shoots Leewan a strange look, a combination of frustration, gratefulness, and exhaustion. Regardless, he still follows Gwain.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2016-12-31, 16:13

With that Robillard and Gwain head back to the estate where they both go to bed for the night without so much as another word. Leewan stays in the alley for a moment to contemplate and listen for any movement in the houses adjacent that would indicate someone had been listening. The current events dominate his thoughts on the walk back to Detlefs estate. His concentration on his thoughts is only shaken when he hears the sound of a single pair of hard boots on the cobblestone road ahead of him. Looking up, Leewan sees a blue clergy robed individual with a white hood covering much of his face walking down the street towards Leewan who can't help but notice the silence and lack of people in the street. The echo of a crow calling out above him despite the poorly lit streets.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-01-01, 08:41

Leewan thinks to himself "This is what I reap for thinking idly and letting my guardsmen leave ahead of me."

He looks up at the clergyman and speaks: "You have demonstrated here and now that you could end my life without being apprehended, much less stopped. Then my breathing here and now means you have come to offer words, or have them."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-01, 13:55

The man stops when Leewan speaks and a toothy grin can be seen beneath the cowl. The crow above swoops down and lands on the mans shoulder and let's out a caw that echoes down the street. Leewan can't help but palm the hilt of his sword and feel a nervous sweat bead up on his temple as the silence goes on for a couple long moments.

Finally the man replies with an extension of his right arm such that his naked hand has its palm facing straight towards the sky and speaks in a warm tone "I believe my bare hand is all you'll need as reassurance. If the Talons wanted you dead, Lord Griswald, you already would be."

He lowers his hand such that it hides again in his robes "Believe it or not, I'm here because a friend of yours was concerned for you and your brothers' safety."

Last edited by Dekaru on 2017-01-01, 20:49; edited 1 time in total
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-01-01, 20:30

"Very well, tell your tale or produce your cryptic rhymes. They put themselves at risk of death merely by breathing."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-02, 20:02

He shrugs and says "If every day didn't have a risk of death then what would be the point in continuing?"

The priest begins continuing his walk towards Leewan and speaks in a more serious tone "I'll not speak in rhymes, why so many of my brothers choose to do so has always befuddled me and I prefer other ways of confusing prey. Judging by the conversation you had with your brothers you've started to figure out that there's a dangerous game being played amongst the Faith. You're correct in recognising the connection with the gloves they wear though their grand motivations and plans have continued to elude us."

Stopping an arm's length from Leewan he continues "We need one of their members alive in order to ascertain their true motives. Tomorrow, one of their members here in the capital will be meeting briefly with another at the joust. The older of your brothers has met the one here already before."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-01-02, 20:13

"I imagine that they command the same skills as you. 'If they wanted us dead, we would be' or another foreboding statement of the sort. What cause does your sect have to claim my kin are in immediate and pressing danger?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-02, 20:34

"Most of them do not command much skill in combat. I personally don't care much for whether your family lives or not but your friend does. For reason unknown as of yet this group has taken a tremendous interest in your family and have already claimed the lives of three of your relatives; Markus Auch (your uncle), Florian Hess, and Torben Hess to be specific."

The priest pauses for another moment and presents to Leewan and scrap of parchment. Leewan takes it and looks to see the crude insignia of a Griswald fox drawn in blood. While Leewan examines the parchment the priest continues speaking "Robillards own run-ins with their ilk supports our hypothesis. A wonder how he continues to survive engaging with them."

The last part is spoken with a hint of accusation in the tone
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-01-03, 10:21

"If my brother has turned to darker beliefs then he will meet a dark end, by your hand or mine."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-03, 10:41

The toothy grin from before crawls across the portion of the priests face you can see and he says "I don't doubt it. That conviction is why I'm here. The traitor already in the capital I could capture whenever I see fit but he doesn't know any more than we already do. The other one who is arriving, however, does but capturing those like him has thus far proven... difficult."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-01-03, 12:39

"At what place and what time will Robillard act as bait then? And what contingents can your shadow clad organization supply? Should Robillard prove heretic it will take several men to impede him."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-03, 13:21

The priest pulls a small phial from his robes and says "If it comes to it this will ensure he dies a quick but painful death. The time of arrival for our mystery man is set for the early evening. Should anyone approach their location the one we're after will flee and he will almost certainly be lost to us. Since Robillard has garnered so much of their attention he should prove able to keep their attention in the stands while I move in and subdue the target. Authenticity may require you and Gwain to be present as well lest they become suspicious."

Putting away the phial he continues "Give me the one we're after and you can have the other. Success would more than prove your commitment to Themis and what little he knows will be of use to you while keeping things on a need to know basis."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-01-03, 19:46

"House Griswald has no way to verify your 'goodliness' as secret sect. You have demonstrated power and knowledge but will not speak on the nature of your organization. Our house will comply to the best of its ability, if only to avoid an ill fated existence as dog meat. Before business is done, do you have a moniker knowable by ordinary men ?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-03, 20:08

"Call me Gala. I will eagerly wait to see the events of tomorrow to unfold." With that, the priest walks past Leewan and continues down the street. The crow on his shoulder takes to the air and lets loose a call as the sounds of the man's boots clang against the cobblestone. Soon Leewan is left alone again in the street holding the blood-stained parchment left by his uncle.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-01-03, 22:50

Leewan returns to the estate and turns in for the night. He will intercept his two brothers to convey to them information about a sect claiming devotion to Themis and commanding mighty assassins opposed to the "oreo" gloves faction has "recruited" house Griswald into baiting out the man met during the raiding seasons. Leewan will take Gwain aside minutes after and tell only Gwain that this sect suspects Robillard of heresy or malicious intent towards the purer devotees of the Goddess and that the sect has supplied the Griswald's with a vial of vicious poison to put down Robillard if their suspicions come true.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-04, 14:25

With that, all the brothers go to sleep with a tremendous amount on their minds. A great war looming, shadowy faiths demanding allegiance, and a King's crown lost in the most inhospitable location known to man. It is a wonder that anyone can sleep at all with such threats and possibilities on the horizon.

The following morning all gather again for breakfast and the table is completely silent. Detlef walks in on the three brothers eating at his table and looks between you all with bewilderment at the silence and tension between everyone.

As Detlef sits takes his seat he says with an obviously forced jovial tone "I hope that House Griswald somehow stumbled on a lost treasure trove in the streets and everyone is upset over a discussion of how best to spend unlimited wealth?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2017-01-04, 14:55

Gwain stares daggers into Detlef's eyes, but otherwise says nothing and returns to his breakfast.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-01-04, 18:34

"These are somber times. The sons of Griswald do not traditionally share in the feelings of elation brought on by celebrations and tournaments."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-04, 18:50

"Even still, Gwain performed among the top tier yesterday in the archery competition. None looked so misbegotten as this when I last saw your all." Detlef responds
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-01-04, 19:21

"The other nobles and esteemed characters of Acren can barely retain their facades of innocence and interest in war. Not one man who met before the King is too fool to see the intricate web of schemes playing out here. This war will be a grand stage of betrayal and purged heresies. Beware, Detlef."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-04, 19:34

He shrugs and says "I'll make sure I pray extra hard cousin. If only to ensure next time you all come to the capital my home feels like a downpour is going on every day." The sarcasm in what he says is so obvious you feel as though you could taste it were it only possible.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-01-04, 21:33

All Robillard tastes is his wine, as he washes down the second rasher of bacon.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-05, 01:37

Detlef looks around at the three brothers who say nothing more to him, chuckles, and grabs an apple from the table. Taking a bite out of the apple in a loud enough manner for all to hear Detlef stands up and says "I'll leave you all to it then. Best of luck in today's events Gwain."

With that Detlef takes his leave of the dining hall and his footsteps can be heard going up the stairs towards his study. The only sound that echoes through the hall is the sound of food crunching in mouths and the sips from glasses.
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-01-05, 10:24

"So, Gwain, is today your final archery contest? I will surely be there to see you win." Robillard is trying to break the awkward silence.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2017-01-05, 14:36

Gwain looks up from his food for a moment, seeming to consider whether he should deign to respond to Robillard or not. "I can only hope that it will be more of a competition than the preliminaries. Not one of the archers in my division showed a pound of talent. I should like to find this 'greatest hero of Acren' I heard about."
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-01-05, 17:05

Leewan casually chimes in. "Regardless of all recent events I reinforce my original statement: House Griswald will not pay on your debt. Prove victorious and the matter may be renegotiated."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-01-05, 17:06

"Then let us hurry to the tournament, so that you may show your prowess once more!"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-05, 18:08

[it dawns on Robillard that the event with the priest is occurring at the same time as the archery competition]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-01-05, 23:17

It also dawns on Robillard that he wants to grab that scrawny oreo priest by his throat and choke him until he draws his very last ragged breath. Perhaps this is why he wants to hurry to the tournament. No, he thinks to himself, I should be doing this to support Gwain. Is this how far I have sunk, fantasizing about vengence?
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-01-06, 05:28

"Robillard, we must go on our way to handle this covert matter. Gwain will bring victory on his own."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-01-06, 14:37

"Perhaps I misunderstood our plot. Am I not meant to make myself obvious in the stands? At the tournament? Where we should go?"
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-01-06, 20:28

"This cultist and his organization have made efforts to stay in the shadows. They will not launch an attack against you in the open stands."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-01-07, 09:14

"Very well, I shall follow your lead. After all, I did not even hear the original plan so I do not even know why I was arguing beforehand. Apologies, brother."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2017-01-07, 09:45

"There is no need for apology. These strange sects give no particulars pertaining to themselves or their plans. They mistake utter confusion for shrouding their origins."

[OOC: Since I can't text I'm struggling to make usual meta questions and comments to organize my actions and move forwards with the plot here]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-08, 13:34

With that, the brothers finish their meals and head to their respective targets. Gwain to the archery competition and Robillard and Leewan to the joust. Gwain follows the same path as before to the archery competition but notices that the majority of the crowd today is going towards the main tournament grounds and not outside the city where Gwain is heading. Reconciling that the art of archery is not as well recognised or loved as more barbaric forms of fighting, Gwain nonetheless marches on with determination to win the competition.

Gwain arrives at the archery range a fair bit earlier than necessary but can see than many other competitors have done the same thing. Coming up to the registrars Gwain gives his name and is told that the competition will won't begin for some time leaving him with time to chat to others, brood darkly under some tree, or some combination of the two. Gain does notice that Niels Frey hasn't arrived yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leewan and Robillard head towards the heart of the city in more or less the opposite direction Gwain leaves in. Arriving at the tourney grounds the two brothers can see the banners of Acren and various houses fluttering in the breeze as they hang from rope stretched across the streets. The hustle and bustle of everyone around makes it somewhat difficult to hear each other speak (if they speak it all) and the heads of several houses from the day before can be seen among the crowd as well with some stopping at shop stalls and others continuing on to the jousting arena.

Eventually, the two brothers reach the entrance to the jousting arena and a trio of guards stop the pair and one says "Greetings Lord Griswald. Where would you like to sit for today's events? We have been instructed to ensure that the heads of house are allowed to sit wherever they choose in the stands."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-01-08, 18:42

"Hold the best seats for us, my good man. We will sit once the joust is ready to begin. For now we must mingle among our peers." Robillard then takes this chance to look for any priests or other mysterious and shady figures.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwain von Griswald on 2017-01-08, 23:52

Gwain does indeed brood darkly under a tree, but not before walking around the grounds for a few minutes to get the lay of the land in case any trouble arises.
Gwain von Griswald
Gwain von Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-09, 22:44

Robillard takes his leave of the entrance to the stands and walks about the event grounds. As he walks about he smells and sees more wondrous things than even in the bazaar he was at not long ago, though it feels like a lifetime. His gawking is halted abruptly as his eyes see a mysterious brown cloaked figure whose hood hides his face from Robillards eyes. The man who has caught Robillards attention is sitting atop a barrel in between two stores selling Frajanian items. No weapons can be seen on the individual in question though undoubtedly he could hide some beneath his cloak or behind him out of sight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gwain broods about how much his life sucks now under a tree watching over the archery grounds. No trouble comes, perhaps not to Gwains relief, and among the crowd of those arriving Gwain spots Niels among those arriving only a little while before the event is set to start.

Last edited by Dekaru on 2017-01-10, 13:53; edited 1 time in total
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-01-10, 10:33

Robillard will walk up to the man and ask him what he's selling.
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-10, 19:42

The brown-cloaked man looks up at you revealing a familiar tattooed face. He looks at you for a couple of moments and says "Not the alcohol you undoubtedly seek."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robillard Griswald on 2017-01-11, 18:01

Robillard starts in recognition, but, not being drunk at the present, does not hold the same anger in his heart as before.

"My apologies, I did not recognize you. You spoke to me before at a bad time. I am not usually so uncouth, even to one who does not follow the holy precepts of Themis."
Robillard Griswald
Robillard Griswald
Centurion
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2017-01-11, 18:06

The man looks at you while shaking his head "Only a fool thinks they know the will of a God, and I'm surrounded by fools."

He pulls out a knife from his cloak and starts to clean his fingernails with it. He speaks again only once he starts "What is it you want then? Not looking to hire me for after this tournament are you?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next