Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrations!

+3
testuser
InteroVegas
Jarrion Xanatov
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Celebrations! Empty Celebrations!

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-03-09, 21:39

You have all gathered in the courtyard of the Sigmaur. The hall in front of you is old, but proud and freshly cleaned. The cobbles underneath you sparkle after their recent scrubbing, and you can see the sigil of the house flapping in the breeze, a dark red Chimera on green. Lord Jarvan Sigmaur stands at the balcony, regal in his finest clothes. He raises his hand, quieting the crowd. He stands still for a moment, looking down at the throng filling the courtyard before speaking. His deep voice rebounds off the walls.

"Friends, we have gathered here today to celebrate House Sigmaur in all of her glory. This day marks the 5th anniversary of the end of our hostilities with the Rhodali. Going into that war, no one would have counted on the Sigmaur as a major contender. And it is true. We do not yet stand among the ranks of the great houses. We pose no threat to the Ryntain, or the Frahder. But we have shed our weakness! It is our time of resurgence!!! In these last 5 years our neighbors have forgotten our power, and our strength. We shall continue to grow, and show all in Gygar of our power!!!"

With that he raises his hands, and the crowds cheer. They are proud of their lord and the house they serve. Lord Sigmaur turns on his heel and leaves the balcony, walking among his men as they feast. The 6 of you join the celebration, drinking and eating and watching (or perhaps joining in) on the feats of strength and the diversions that Lord Sigmaur has organized for this day. Near sundown, you each receive a summons from Lord Sigmaur, requesting that you come meet him in a council meeting. Although you do not want to leave the meat and drink, you know it would be foolish to disobey your Lord's orders.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Celebrations! Empty Re: Celebrations!

Post by InteroVegas 2014-03-09, 21:50

I blend into the crowd as I move to the meeting in order to avoid confrontation with that pesky second son of the lord.

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2014-03-09, 21:50; edited 1 time in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2014-03-09, 21:51

8k7
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by testuser 2014-03-09, 21:51

The member 'Darkgenesis' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'normal' :
Celebrations! Die310 Celebrations! Die110 Celebrations! Die610 Celebrations! Die210 Celebrations! Die410 Celebrations! Die410 Celebrations! Die110 Celebrations! Die510

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2014-03-09, 23:13

Davorin leaves his son William with one of the house retainers and goes to find his good friend Galvin
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2014-03-10, 18:11

When I near the council room I sneak in and hide myself in a corner, perhaps behind a chair or some other object. (9k7 sneak)
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by testuser 2014-03-10, 18:11

The member 'Darkgenesis' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'normal' :
Celebrations! Die210 Celebrations! Die310 Celebrations! Die510 Celebrations! Die410 Celebrations! Die610 Celebrations! Die410 Celebrations! Die410 Celebrations! Die610 Celebrations! Die610

testuser
Centurion
Centurion

AwesomeSauce : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-03-10, 22:00

Imperion Sigmaur leaves his wife and daughter, kissing them goodbye, to attend the council meeting.

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-03-12, 19:56

Having all gathered in the council chambers, with the feast proceeding just outside the window, you sit at the table, looking at Lord Sigmaur. He glances at each of you, then tosses a series of maps down at the table. They are of the surrounding territory, with marks showing the borders of Sigmaur, and the forces of each house spread across the plains of Gygaria. He clears his throat, and then speaks, "Though this is a joyous day, we must remember the threats on our border. As I said, our enemies have begun to forgot our might. Our main strength comes from people's perception of our strength. If they actually challenged us in the open field, they will find our forces sorely lacking. We do not have even half the men they have." He pauses for a moment to let his words sink in, hoping everyone realizes the importance of his words. "Does anyone have any plans by which we could remind our foes of this families power?"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-03-13, 10:58

Imperion: "It is clear that we need more soldiers, and disciplined ones. We need to allocate any resources available into the acquisition of disciplined troops. In the meantime, we could fund or join a tournament. We have strong fighters who have a solid chance of winning. We could also expand our list of allies through negotiation or marriage, but we should only do this as a last resort, as we should show our enemies that we can stand against them on our own. We do not yet have the forces required to defeat our foes on the open field in force, but we could infiltrate their ranks with spies, learn of enemy troop placements, and attack the smallest forces, picking them off one by one as opposed to all together."

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2014-03-13, 12:44

I pop out from my hiding spot and exclaim "Spies? Hi."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2014-03-13, 15:01

Davorin is a little startled to see Roland jump out but he laughs once he composed himself

"Well I guess everyone's here now. Take a seat Roland and have a drink."

He then turns his attention to Jarvin

"It would certainly be a good idea to raise our esteem. Hosting a feast in the honor of one of the houses more inclined to us and promoting relations would be a good way to secure our borders. However it may be worth considering to offer help in dealing with banditry and such in their territories"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-03-13, 19:28

Imperion, to Davin: "Indeed, however we cannot afford to expend too many troops dealing with problems that are not ours. They need to be here in case our enemies choose to strike."

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2014-03-13, 20:15

"Dealing with bandits and thieves would be simple enough work that a handful of men and some of us could handle the job. Besides it would look best if one of the heads of house was there."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-03-13, 21:11

"The neighboring lords may be offended, and assume that we do not think that they can deal with the problem themselves. In any case, a stronger alliance can be made through marriage. Davorin, you should marry a noble lord's daughter. I could negotiate this union quite easily."

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2014-03-13, 22:37

Davorin frowns at the notion

"I've had enough with political marriages. I have William to worry about and making sure he's capable enough to take over the business and be a capable man when the time comes. In any case it may be worth expanding our trade and infrastructure so we can better supply our men. I'd hate to say it but getting on better terms with the Ignan may be a good idea since we're so damn close to the bastards."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazyKing21108 2014-03-13, 22:49

"Is there a resource that we need and they have, and something they want and we have? Then we could consider setting up a mutual trade system that would kill two birds with one stone because we would have to protect the traders from bandits which in turn would be offering protection for the neighboring kingdoms traders as well if we set up posts along the trade route." Vidanos exclaims while handing a chunk of meat to Marrok.
KrazyKing21108
KrazyKing21108
Lagger
Lagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2014-03-13, 23:40

"The Ignan are boxed in with little access to a long list of supplies that are difficult to get to in their high walls. The largest of those likely being food since during the wars they lost much of their fertile land. If we were to start trading food with them in exchange for assistance in defense or even in good faith their likeness of us would go up tremendously."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-03-14, 08:41

"An action as charitable as simply giving away food out of 'good faith' will be met with suspicion. Additionally, allying with the Ignan will not make us friends with any nearby lords, as the Ignan are not well liked. I recommend we organize fair trade with another nearby house."

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2014-03-14, 10:30

"I agree, we have horses and plenty of food to trade. We could always use some fresh wares at the markets anyways."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-03-15, 22:49

Lord Sigmaur nods at the ideas. "I agree with my sons. By trading with nearby houses we can forge alliances. However," and now his voice grows serious as he looks at Davorin, "we cannot solidify friendships with horses and markets. The houses we hope to join with will be looking for more serious commitments. Both you and Imperion have had only one wife. You will serve the family well if you find a young bride to warm your beds once more." He then sits back and turns to Imperion. "A tournament would not only show our wealth and increase our influence, but would prove a valuable opportunity to reinforce our military might in the eyes of the nearby houses. Begin the preparations." Finally, he looks at the other, rather silent members of the council. "Do you have any more you wish to add before we rejoin the festivities?"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2014-03-16, 07:15

Davorin stands up and slams his fist into his chest and says

"Father it would be my honor to represent our family in the tournament. With Galvin at my side no competitor would stand a chance."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-03-16, 14:44

Lord Sigmaur raises an eyebrow. "Quite dramatic Davorin. You certainly will be standing for us in the tournament. Nothing impresses the other houses so much as a big strong man bashing other men's heads in. And you can take time at the tournament to view potential brides. Restrict yourselves to two at most. You are not yet old enough to hold more."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2014-03-16, 15:23

Davorin sits back down and says

"Where should you like the tournament grounds to be setup? Here in the town or in the old ruins not too far from here?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-03-16, 17:31

Imperion recovers from laughing slightly at his brother's display and his father's response. He turns to his father. "If we hold the tournament here, it would give us an opportunity to display our wealth. However, holding it in the ruins would display our proud history. In this situation, I think that displaying our wealth should be the higher priority."

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-03-16, 20:45

"Indeed. We can hold the jousts and the melee in a nearby field; find some farmer who does not mind his crops being trampled too much."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2014-03-16, 22:16

(Just showing that I'm watching the thread and not forgetting about it - I also wake up at 8 pm now)
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2014-03-16, 22:18

"Is that all Father or are we free to return to the festivities?"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-03-16, 22:29

"If the rest of you have nothing to say, then you may leave. Do not worry about offending me if you contradict my sons. I should hope we have worked together long enough that you appreciate my desire for honesty."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazyKing21108 2014-03-17, 12:32

"I do have one suggestion, if I may be so bold." Vidanos quietly stands up and addresses the room, "Perhaps we do have this tournament as you say, should we have all the leaders in one immediate area would it not be easy for an assassin to quietly slip a knife into the ribs of a joyous official while nobody is looking? I am not saying that we should not have these... games play out, but instead of being an unsuspecting and gracious host we should be prepared for any number of outbursts, and be prepared to stifle such outburst before anyone knew what was transpiring. I, of course, am merely trying to look out for our leader and any else someone might want gone. That is all." Vidanos calmly sits back down and folds his hands underneath his arms.
KrazyKing21108
KrazyKing21108
Lagger
Lagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-03-17, 12:57

Lord Sigmaur is amused by Vidanos's paranoia. "While I appreciate your concern, I do not believe any of the neighboring families to be so foolish as to assassinate one of their rivals at such a public event. I do agree that we should put up extra security. This will also serve to show our military strength to our enemies. Make sure that the men on guard are well trained, and armed with the finest weapons and armor we have available."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-03-17, 13:15

"Very well. We will do as the council bids, lord father. Who should be in charge of planning the tournament, and who should be in charge of security?"

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazyKing21108 2014-03-17, 14:30

"I myself will be the acting doctor at these games. If it would also be in the favor of the lord, I would require some help also if anyone can assist if any accidents do occur."
KrazyKing21108
KrazyKing21108
Lagger
Lagger

Back to top Go down

Post by snuffles 2014-03-17, 15:31

Brom stands and says "I offer my assistance as part of the security if my lord so wishes. It would be an honor to protect you and the other leaders of the house."

snuffles
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2014-03-17, 16:17

Continues to stand silently.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-03-17, 16:41

Imperion turns to Roland. "Roland, when the time comes for the tournament, you should do what you do best. Hide among the rabble and lords alike, and if you hear anything suspicious, tell myself, my brother, or lord Sigmaur. But do not arouse suspicion from any lords, or that could have bad consequences for us."
"I myself can see to it that our security is strong, as well as mingle with the lords and ladies to promote our house."

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazyKing21108 2014-03-17, 16:59

"My lord, I also offer the assistance of Marrok to security or of anything that you deem his abilities most useful. I myself do not believe he would be at his most useful by my side while I operate on patients, he get bored my lord. He's as loyal as any soldier, and can hold his own in a fight any time my lord. His use is at your discretion of course." Vidanos exclaims while petting a very happy looking Marrok.
KrazyKing21108
KrazyKing21108
Lagger
Lagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2014-03-17, 18:52

Davorin slams his fist onto the table and exclaims to the room jokingly

"We should let the dire wolf compete in the tournament as a grand spectacle. What I'd give to see the looks on the lords and ladies faces of Galvin or I dueling with the wolf in the arena with nothing but wooden swords and shields!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazyKing21108 2014-03-17, 19:02

Vidanos laughs with Davorin with Marrok barking happily. "Perhaps not so much as a contestant, but as I said, it is up to the lord's discretion as to how Marrok will play his role. All I ask is that we set up this tournament on a day that seems clear in the skies, should any thunder or lightning appear..... well Marrok just is not fond of it."
KrazyKing21108
KrazyKing21108
Lagger
Lagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2014-03-17, 19:22

"We all have our fears and a wolf is no exception. It wouldn't be any fun anyway if the event happened in the rain. "
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2014-03-17, 20:32

"How grand a spectacle will this tournament be?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-03-18, 01:04

"Unfortunately, our family does not have the resources to put on a large tournament. This will be small; Remember, we are hoping to use our performance to flex our muscles and show our neighbors what we are capable of.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazyKing21108 2014-03-18, 14:18

Vidanos stands, "A small tournament? How many neighboring houses are we planning to invite? If we wish to truly show our neighbors the strength of House Sigmaur we would have to show it in something more than a small tournament. Perhaps we could arrange the other houses to provide other resources, make this a "team-effort" kind of tournament, then arrange for a prize of some kind. It will not have to be anything too extravagant, but this way we can get more houses to participate and generate more resources to create a tournament to really 'flex our muscles'. This would also allow us to rekindle or generate new friendships with other houses, creating an everyone wins scenario. The only problem would be a prize, glory is always good but to get other houses there would have to be something at stake. What say you lord to this proposal?"
KrazyKing21108
KrazyKing21108
Lagger
Lagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2014-03-18, 15:38

Davorin nods in agreement with Vidanos and says

"It wouldn't be a bad idea to hold it in more neutral territory in that case. I'm confident we'd be able to come out on too but then again we're banking a lot on the grandeur of our victory and not the spectacle we can put on in our own home"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazyKing21108 2014-03-18, 15:53

"On the contrary, if our lord is willing to mingle with the lords of the other houses then it would matter very little if we won or even got very far. The point of a tournament for the contender is to win, the point of a tournament for a lord of a house at a tournament would be to represent themselves at said tournament. The lord could make idle small talk with the lords of neighboring houses and, as I said before, rekindle or create new friendships and or alliances. We do not have to win the tournament, of course winning is always a good idea, but if we can just get people of higher stature having fun with each other, we might create more than one or two alliances and other houses could do the same also. Starting something like this is also a good idea to create some kind of annual event, that way we can have the houses come together regularly to properly mingle. The aim of the games would not be to win, but to use the power of regular conversation and our lord to generate alliances and friendships."
KrazyKing21108
KrazyKing21108
Lagger
Lagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cknell 2014-03-18, 20:28

Imperion appears skeptical.
"We do not have the social presence necessary to acquire these funds from our neighbors. I understand that there is no harm in asking, but we would need to offer something to them in order for them to fund our tournament. I agree, though, that a larger tournament would yield a larger number of connections and potential allies. The question is what should we offer the neighboring lords? Supplies might suffice with the smaller houses, but the larger ones will want more than that."

Cknell
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov 2014-03-18, 21:20

[Just so everyone knows, a small tournament is still a big deal. It is still impressive and will attract all your neighbors. It just won't bring people from across the country (or continent).]
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazyKing21108 2014-03-18, 22:11

"On second thought, the prize really should be just glory. We should stick with a smaller tournament and have much merriment." Vidanos awkwardly sits back down remembering that a small tournament is a big deal.
KrazyKing21108
KrazyKing21108
Lagger
Lagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru 2014-03-18, 23:36

"Right, so a small tournament it is. Should prove a great way to raise prestige and maybe bring in some intellectuals and artisans to the town"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas 2014-03-19, 01:02

"Will those Lessyr mongrels be invited?"
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon