Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the games begin

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Let the games begin - Page 5 Empty Re: Let the games begin

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 22:04

The containers are about 8 feet wide and tall and 20 feet deep each. It will take some careful use of torches to pry open a door but it can certainly be done.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse nub, When They Cry BS
AwesomeSauce : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 22:08

After careful efforts you cut the door such that you can push heavily against so that it topples against a tower of containers opposite of you. When you peer inside you see a crate stacked full of unopened barrels. It is packed so tightly you can't fit in.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 22:10

Jarrion whoops with excitement. "It looks like we've hit the motherload boys!" he shouts. "Pass up some more rope and we can get a sling rigged to get some of these barrels down. Lets take down one first, then open it up to see whats inside!"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

AwesomeSauce : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 22:12

With the help of Group 2 you quickly get a sling rigged and slide a barrel down. Upon opening it you and the others find . . . . . grain?
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-26, 22:13

"Grain? We found grain? That's what was in here was food? Lets check another barrel to see if anything else is in it."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

AwesomeSauce : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 22:14

"Hmm, curious," Jarrion muses. "Perhaps there is something hidden inside. Is there some area we could dump out the barrel to see if there is anything under the grain?"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 22:14

Another barrel from the container reveals . . . . more grain.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 22:18

Jarrion takes his own advice and pours out one of the barrels just off of the main base.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 22:20

The grain is poured out onto the floor but very little seems to come out. Looking inside the barrel you see that there is a second larger compartment created by a metal sheet running through the barrel.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 22:21

Jarrion decides to only call over Darrius, not wanting to raise the hope of the men unnecessarily. He takes a torch and cuts through the metal sheet, revealing...
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-26, 23:09

Xenos Drugs, absolutely filled to the brim what can be recognized as none other than Xanthrin an EXTREMELY valuable and rare narcotic.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 23:11

Jarrion's grin slowly spreads across his face. "I'm going to go call the captain. Darrius, can you organize the rest of the barrels to be brought down? And try not to tell the mercs about this if you don't have to." With that said, Jarrion heads out to the vox caster and dials in to the Solstice.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-26, 23:33

Darrius grabs Jarrion by the shoulder before he vox's the Solstice.

"I'm not entirely sure if we should vox in quite yet. We were sent in here to find something useful to survive this situation and while it certainly is nice we found some valuable drugs we still need to come back with something more useful in this current situation."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 23:36

"I agree that this is not about to save us in the fight against the Telarion. However, should we have to leave this hulk in a hurry, I would hate to leave behind a cargo this valuable. We can always just move over these barrels and keep looking for more useful objects as well. This way we save precious time." Jarrion then leans in more closely to Darrius and speaks more quietly. "Also, you can't say that our expedition so far has been a success. I don't want that Edes nina upstaging me. If I can get the captain a whole crate of Xanthrin he's sure to start looking to me as his heir."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-26, 23:39

Darrius grimaces at the thought of Jarrions selfish motivations in such a dire time

"We'll move the barrels that are filled with the drugs down to the base camp. We will not however call the shuttle back for something as minute as drugs when there is the possibility of annihilation."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 23:42

"As 'minute' as drugs? Darrius, have you seen what this is?! This is pure, legitimate XANTHRIN!!! We could travel a hundred systems on the sale of these barrels. We don't have to call in the shuttle I suppose, but this is almost certainly something that Lord Captain Kalthar will want to hear about. After all, we just found a way to justify using the fuel as an explosive; we will make back all the money from the lost fuel, and more!"
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-26, 23:44

"But lets not forget that anyone can intercept our vox transmissions. If whoever is on this space hulk with us overhears us talking about found Xanthrin then they would come storming in here with everything they've got to seize it. Lets merely get them to a secure location and keep looking."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-26, 23:54

Jarrion thinks for a second, and then says, "I'll just make sure to encode the message using one of our ciphers.  Even if someone stumbles upon it, they won't be able to understand anything."  He then marches over to the vox caster station and send the following message, encrypted in the cipher used by the rogue trader of the Solstice:

"Lord Captain Kalthar.  Lords Xanatov and Vendigroth reporting.  We have discovered a large cache of Xanthrin.  We are currently preparing the cache for transport, but do not believe that immediate evac is necessary.  Ten men killed during mutiny.  Xanatov and Vendigroth out."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-08-27, 00:00

Darrius issues orders to the men for them to start preparing the barrels for shipping. While the mercenary's do this Darrius opens up a few more crates to see if they also contain anything of use
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-08-27, 00:21

You get a return call from the bridge, it's Glademore "Fantastic! that will certainly make up for the lost fuel containers and perhaps even more if the substance is pure. We will head towards you, expect us in 2 hours men. . . . One more thing, we just attempted to call Edes and Elizabeth so they would head to your location but neither of them are answering. Our scanners picked up a strange energy signature headed into the hulk between you and Edes. We need you to go there and investigate what has happened, and hopefully find Edes. Over."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-08-27, 00:26

Jarrion grins at the mention of Edes being in trouble. He would never intentionally wish harm on her, but he wants to be Rogue Trader as much as anyone else on the ship.

"Roger that, Lord Glademore. Make sure to include a forklift on the shuttle, and a crane if there is room; the crates containing the barrels of Xanthrin are heavy, and located on the tops of the piles. More mercenaries would be useful to reinforce our base here, especially with the casualties we have suffered. We also require more grenades and ammunition. Lord Vendigroth and I were seriously wounded in the action surrounding the mutiny so we would appreciate medical supplies as well. Xanatov out."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-09-17, 19:03

10 minutes pass before you hear a response. At that time the vox caster starts up suddenly.

"This is Selena, the others are occupied handling the ship. More ill-fortune has come upon us. We picked up the signal of a xenos ship docking somewhere nearby the anomaly. The machine spirits could not determine the make of the ship but it traveled at high speed indeed. You are to proceed to rendezvous with Edes as soon as you can. This will be our last transmission until we have found a better place to hide ourselves. Over."
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-09-17, 19:31

Whatever happiness came from finding the cache of drugs visibly leaves Darrius' expression. In its place forms a hard cold stare where visibly in his eyes is a lust to spill the blood of xenos. He immediately turns to face the men gathering around and says

"Looks like our time here spent twiddling our thumbs is over boys, grab your gear and get ready to move. Today we're hunting some xenos scum!"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-09-17, 20:14

Jarrion is not as enthused as Darrius.  As he walks away from the Xanthrin barrels, he almost lovingly strokes their sides, rueing all the wealth they must leave behind.  Before he follows the mercs fully out into the bowels of the ship to find Edes, he stops by the opened barrel and takes a sizeable scoop of the Xanthrin, stowing it away in his pack.  He then hurries after the men.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-09-17, 20:30

The mercenaries respond to your calls through the local voxcasting device and assemble in the forward base setup inside the long hall just beyond the main cargo bay.

An officer points out "Sirs, squad 3 has not reported for a good hour now. All the other remaining, surviving groups have assembled here. What would you have us do?"

[You are to head "east" of your entry point to make way towards the anomaly however you need to head "north" if you wish to pursue squad 3.]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-09-17, 21:27

"Seeing as squad 3 is overdue from checking in we can only assume that north is a death trap. That beeing said leaving a potential threat unattended in this place will be inviting these horrors upon us. We will need a rear guard to watch for anything invade they're trying to surround us and the rest will push towards our objective."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-09-17, 22:36

Jarrion moves closer to Darrius, and whispers in his ear, "How many men were you thinking of leaving behind as a rear-guard?  I appreciate the need to keep ourselves safe, but I don't think that splitting up our forces is the way to go.  Since we are probably not going to get back here in the near future, I vote we take all our men with us."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-09-17, 22:52

"I agree, the rear guard will likely consist of 5-10 men and the rest will be moving forward with us. If only squad 3 had reported in any of what they'd seen. All this ambling through the dark is not a good idea when there are unknown assailants around every turn."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-09-17, 22:56

*Out of character, I just want to say that I can't quite remember how many men we have with us, so I'm just sort of going to use the number 30.  I mean all of them

"That's why we should take all of our men.  I hate to say it, but there isn't anything we can do for squad 3 anymore; they aren't coming back.  We have to get to Edes, and set up a more defensible position than what we have here.  I do agree that we should have pairs of men scouting all around our main party as we move, but I think that leaving 5-10 men here while we only have 30 to begin with is just a waste.  We need to move out quickly, and in force."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-09-17, 23:03

"I don't mean to say we leave them here. They will mainly just stagger back from the main group to watch the rear. Leaving them here would be pointless dispite the pain it will bring the men to leave all this easy money lying around. This whole enterprise is going further south every hour."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-09-17, 23:05

"That I agree with.  Do you think there is any chance the men would listen to us if we told them to bring along a kilo or two of Xanthrin?  Just to try and get some sort of profit on this mission." *Also, Amos, remember Darrius and Jarrion are whispering so the mercs will not hear me badmouthing them.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-09-17, 23:13

"I don't think it will hurt if we have each man carry a pouch or two of the stuff. Barrel full or not it's still worth a lot."

Darrius then turns to address the men.

"Alright, I want every man to grab a large pouch of the Xanthrin before we move out. We may not be coming back this way and it would be a shame to leave it all behind. We'll be moving in a large group with a rear guard of seven men. We'll have pairs scouting the perimeter of the main body to allow for early detection of incoming hostiles. If we stick together and move fast we'll stand a hell'a good chance of surviving."
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-09-18, 06:33

[30-50 pouches of the drug indeed has some worth. However nothing close to even one profit factor.]

Last edited by Darkgenesis on 2013-09-18, 13:23; edited 1 time in total
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-09-18, 10:29

[i can still just bribe some drug addict politician with it though]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-09-18, 11:48

[Plus it helps to show Kalthar that we aren't completely incompetent.]
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-09-18, 11:51

[Just slightly incompetent Razz]
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-09-18, 13:31

An officer volunteers "Me and 4 of the men from my squad will stay and guard the forward base then. We can maintain the voxcaster and check for any messages from the Solstice."

The others ready themselves into 3 roughly equal groups and follow the two of you down the base camp hall and deeper into the ship. Moving along steadily but carefully (this time using flashlights to get better visibility on horrors may or may not be lurking in the darkness) you make it about 2 miles through what is for the most part a seemingly undamaged ship. You begin to wonder why the emergency lighting is all that is on. This trek has taken about 40 minutes, normally when a descent or ascent would be aided by a lift you and your men climb ladders or stairs to press on.

The deeper you get the more the eerie air about the hulk imposes itself onto you. You feel like you are being watched but when you turn your head you see nothing anywhere out of the ordinary. Worse however is that you no longer receive vox signal, perhaps the anomaly is interfering with communication but for that matter neither you nor any of your men are quite sure if you are still headed in the right direction.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-09-18, 14:38

Darius uses logic on the halls
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Char on 2013-09-18, 14:38

The member 'Dekaru' has done the following action : Dice Roll\'d

'd100' : 8
Char
Char
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-09-18, 14:47

Darius outsmarts the halls in a competition of logic. You successfully reorient yourself and make some quick notes on your data slate scrawling that allow you to keep track of your travel through the ship to the anomaly. Neither Glademore nor Selena provided details on how far away the strange energy signatures were. The hulk is massive and as you move another half mile "east" you find the edge of the ship you have ventured through thus far, or at least that part of it.

It seems like a third of the ship had been sheared off by a warped and twisted metal mass. More concerning is that a vile fungus creeps into ship you landed in from this dark structure. At the very least the growth of fungus reassures you that the area is sealed off from the void.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-09-18, 15:08

"I don't know what this is, but it's in our way," Jarrion says.  "Now, we can either spend Emperor knows how long walking around this, and probably get ambushed along the way, or we can head through.  I say, we cleanse this infestation here and now.  Burn the xenos scum (*literal scum here) and continue on our way."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-09-18, 15:11

"I agree, time is of the essence. We should push forward but everyone be ready for something to jump out at us as we move"
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-09-18, 15:12

"Hopefully our flames will keep them at bay.  And men, I probably don't have to say this, but don't get burned."
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-09-18, 15:35

The men attempt to light the fungus on fire with spark spawners but the effort proves fruitless. [I may not have been clear. Whether the fungus is growing or not the rate would not be visible to the naked, or even augmented eye.]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekaru on 2013-09-18, 16:08

"We'll that's not doing us any good. Men engage your oxygen supply in the void suites so as to avoid breathing in any lethal spores these things might be putting into the air. Get into formation and lets move"

Darrius waves his hand in the direction the fungus goes and engages the oxygen supply in his void suite
Dekaru
Dekaru
Praetor
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-09-18, 17:07

Darrius and the mercenaries don their helmets properly and press a few buttons to seal themselves off from the air in the twisted mass. They begin to head into the mass.

Jarrion what do you do?
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-09-18, 21:03

Jarrion attaches his helmet as well and sets up his circulation system.  As he walks with the men, he scratches arrows into the fungus at every 10 paces, marking their path.  He also intermittently tries to set fire to the mass, hoping for a patch dry enough to kindle a full blaze.  His las-gaunlets are primed and ready for action.
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-09-18, 21:04

Scratching arrows into the fungus every 10 paces causes your groups advance to slow to a snail's crawl.
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarrion Xanatov on 2013-09-18, 21:05

*How hard is this fungus?  If its anything like a normal fungus, it should be cut like butter?
Jarrion Xanatov
Jarrion Xanatov
Executor
Executor

Back to top Go down

Post by InteroVegas on 2013-09-18, 21:08

[It's a thin enough layer but taking the time to pause every 10 paces significantly slows down the group.]
InteroVegas
InteroVegas
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next