Church of ProZ: Otaku Fortress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia?

4 posters

Go down

Do you want to play?

Mafia? I_vote_lcap100%Mafia? I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 5 ]
Mafia? I_vote_lcap0%Mafia? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Mafia? Empty Mafia?

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2013-01-03, 18:48

I'm rather bored this winter break, so I'ma start up a game of forum mafia (click the link if you're unfamiliar with the game mechanics).

The day and night functions will all occur in one day. The town's discussion will occur in a thread whereas private discussions (such as discussions within the mafia) may occur through PMs or through other means; voting and night functions (such as mafia kills, investigations, and medical precautions) will also occur through PMs (and only PMs, do not contact me through other methods for this reason). Night will start at 7:00 pm, every day will end at 11:00 pm, and the day begins every day at 12:00 noon (no posts in the public thread shall be allowed between 7:00 pm and 12:00 noon, however private discussions through PMs or other means are not discouraged). All town votes must be PM'd to me by 4:30 pm, and all night functions must be PM'd to me by 11:00 pm. If votes are not cast/functions are not performed by the selected times, then it will be assumed that the player does not intend to make an action/vote. Please note that the times mentioned are going to be kept track of using Eastern Time (UTC -05:00). Day and night rounds will begin with my posts in the public thread.

Claiming and Inquiring about people's roles are not prohibited, but they are also not required. As such, one may ask others what roles they play and conversely one may claim to be of a certain position (that they might not be) if they wish to (although that might not be the best idea (or it might)).

No special roles besides Mafia Members, the Medic, and the Detective will be assigned unless we acquire the necessary amount of players, in which case, I will explain extra special roles in the first post of the mafia game thread.

For now, we will need enough people to play, so please vote as to whether or not you wish to play, in addition also post if you are playing, so I know who to PM (8 people (discluding me) are required for a functional game).
If we have enough people by January 5th, then I will start the game on that day at 7:00 pm and the night round will begin, If we still do not have enough people, then I will continue the poll and post a new deadline on this thread.

Last edited by itsame273 on 2013-01-04, 00:35; edited 2 times in total
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD
AwesomeSauce : 41

Back to top Go down

Mafia? Empty Re: Mafia?

Post by Dave 2013-01-03, 19:24

I also propose that *cough* fake gambits involving account credentials are prohibited. I don't know why that thought occurred to me, it just seems logical, doesn't it?
Dave
Dave
Griefer
Griefer

AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2013-01-03, 21:30

It'll be nice to be a player this time around, maybe even a....hate playa. Cool
Kai-Wario this is your game so it's up to you if you want to take countermeasures against 'cheating' with account sitting and the like, but I happen to have a simple solution devised, contact me if you'd like to know about it.
I also think that your time frames to post are a bit narrow, why not have the day start earlier than noon? A short Night round is fine because there are inherently less mafiosos and they won't have as much conversation, but there is no reason to limit the public discussion.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

ProZ Degrees: Nasuverse PhD, When They Cry Master
AwesomeSauce : 137

https://churchofproz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2013-01-03, 21:57

it's mostly bcuz i wake up late that the morning's start late. an excuse i could make up would be that (assuming that we're in a village/town/wutever sort of extablishment) ppl got personal powerofpoo to do in the mornings and town council convenes after lunch and lasts until the evening, giving people reasonable amounts of time to spend with their family. but honestly that would be a load of powerofpoo, cuz i don't really care about that. fast times also ensure that this doesn't drag out too long and end up getting abandoned due to me not caring anymore. if you think day should b longer then lets extend it to 7. And honestly, for cheating, I don't really care about that. if ppl cheat, they're only ruining their own fun (plus i'm way too fking lazy to watch out for that). Also the only way to know if ppl are cheating (assuming they aren't duplicating accounts) would be to know whether or not they have shown other ppl the PMs i send them, cuz them claiming to be wutever position isn't cheating. In addition, another BS excuse (for the late starting time) i could make up would be that i'm taking into account the 3 hour time gap between us and Kaede (assuming she plays); but that's BS cuz i didn't really account for that (and only thought about me being able to sleep late).

P.S. (cuz im too lazy to edit this bfore u read it)
It would b nice if you could chek and make sure there aren't duplicate accounts, Kooay. Srry if this is an inconvenience.

Last edited by itsame273 on 2013-01-03, 22:01; edited 1 time in total
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 2013-01-03, 22:01

itsame273 wrote:it's mostly bcuz i wake up late that the morning's start late. an excuse i could make up would be that (assuming that we're in a village/town/wutever sort of extablishment) ppl got personal powerofpoo to do in the mornings and town council convenes after lunch and lasts until the evening, giving people reasonable amounts of time to spend with their family. but honestly that would be a load of powerofpoo, cuz i don't really care about that. fast times also ensure that this doesn't drag out too long and end up getting abandoned due to me not caring anymore. if you think day should b longer then lets extend it to 7. And honestly, for cheating, I don't really care about that. if ppl cheat, they're only ruining their own fun (plus i'm way too fking lazy to watch out for that). Also the only way to know if ppl are cheating (assuming they aren't duplicating accounts) would be to know whether or not they have shown other ppl the PMs i send them, cuz them claiming to be wutever position isn't cheating. In addition, another BS excuse (for the late starting time) i could make up would be that i'm taking into account the 3 hour time gap between us and Kaede (assuming she plays); but that's BS cuz i didn't really account for that (and only thought about me being able to sleep late).

Well said.
Dave
Dave
Griefer
Griefer

AwesomeSauce : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2013-01-03, 22:22

itsame273 wrote:it's mostly bcuz i wake up late that the morning's start late.
We don't need to wait for you to wake up to post, you only need to be there at the end of the round to confirm votes and kill off the targets.
itsame273 wrote:fast times also ensure that this doesn't drag out too long and end up getting abandoned due to me not caring anymore. if you think day should b longer then lets extend it to 7.
Actually it doesn't ensure any of that, it is entirely up to you whether to continue caring about this or not. The time frame doesn't have much effect. 7pm is fine.
itsame273 wrote:if ppl cheat, they're only ruining their own fun (plus i'm way too fking lazy to watch out for that).
True dat.

Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2013-01-03, 23:01

actually i needa b up to post the results of the night round and i need time to make up a story about wut happened to the mafia-killed person.

yea, it will ensure that i'll stay on the game, cuz i know exactly how lazy i am as well as the time span i'm willing to give my attention to this before i don't feel like doing it.

OK, time frame will be changed to 7:00 pm
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2013-01-03, 23:02

uh you might want to just announce who died and make up the story later, writer's block was a key factor in my ennui and later abandonment of the best game we ever had.
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2013-01-03, 23:05

NO! I CHOOSE THE HARD PATH! RAWRZ! YOU CAN'T STOP ME, DON'T THINK I WON'T DO IT!!! lololol.
I don't really wanna announce the death without a story. it kinda ruins the feeling of the game.
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2013-01-04, 00:34

OH CRAP, I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT PPL SHOULD POST IF THEY WANNA PLAY (otherwise i won't b able to keep track of who's playing).

anyways, if you've voted that you wanna play, plz post as well.
out of the 4 ppl, i know that:

Kooay
Kharrriso
brian

wanna play. whoever the 4th is, preazu, postu

Last edited by itsame273 on 2013-01-04, 01:10; edited 1 time in total
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2013-01-04, 00:36

Matt and I wouldn't mind playing.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2013-01-04, 10:48

oooo very goot, was matt the 4th person to vote though? i still needa figure that out lol
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by kaede 2013-01-04, 12:15

he didnt vote yet i did.
kaede
kaede
Archon
Archon

AwesomeSauce : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2013-01-04, 12:34

I see

ppl that i know r playing:
- Kooay
- kkharrriso
- brian
- nina
- matt
- 1 unknown person

unknown person, plz post, so i know who u r
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by Corenat Rovarnus 2013-01-04, 16:36

IT WAS ME THE WHOLE TIME!!!!! Shocked No I'm just kidding that would be really stupid
If you fellows haven't noticed already, this thread's title is actually a question, one that has remained unanswered...until now:
MAFIA!!!!!
Corenat Rovarnus
Corenat Rovarnus
Imperator
Imperator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2013-01-04, 18:21

ooo very goot!
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2013-01-05, 14:00

damn, not enough ppl, extending deadline to the 7th. if u guys wanna play this, plz go out and help me to recruit ppl. im dropping it if we don't have enough after the 7th, cuz im a lazy bastard
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin
Archon
Archon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lord Kelvin 2013-01-07, 19:06

o man, srry guys, not enough interest.
The Lord Kelvin
The Lord Kelvin